Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And away we go

Obanga Mii Gum: Luo for "God Bless You"

I want to write so much to tell you how I am feeling, to tell you what excites me about tomorrows journey, but instead I just want to leave you with this short story.

My grandma told me tonight how much she hated for me to be so far away and for, what felt like to her, a long amount of time. She is proud of me, she tells me. But tonight I walked away proud of her, because she left me singing songs and praying hymns of joy and thankfulness for a Father that loves all. I could see the peace in her eyes as she told me how glad she was to know that the God above favors none; that my life is just as valuable as the poorest of the poor. I love that reminder. I love that God. I love that person. So now I go to live that love, to learn more of such boundless grace.

My team has a long journey tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts. Ill let you all know when we arrive in Lira, Uganda safely! Maybe even an update from Dubai. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment